Take special care to take note of highlighted words below:
Romans 1:18–32 (NKJV)
18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
Now I am NOT going to write what most would think, and this is not what most Christians believe/understand about homosexuality. I write this because of today's (6-26-15) ruling by the Supreme Court to legalize gay marriage in all 50 states. Please read to the end before judging this writing.
1. Many Christians do not understand what this passage (Romans 1:18-32) actually says. It says (among many other things) that God, reveals His wrath, IN THAT, homosexuality becomes a sin (though not all of the sins listed here) that people get "turned over to." GOD turns them over. And God does this as a judgment for sins going on unrepented for (see verses 19-23). In other words, homosexuality is sometimes THE display of God's wrath.
2. What does this mean? This means that God, in His wrath/judgment, says, "You want to reject Me? You want to resist your conscience? You want immorality? Then I will turn you over to just that. I will do this to individuals, and to your society, if your society does the same":
*18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven...21 because, although they knew God....24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies ...26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful...28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting
3. I am going to paraphrase what I believe God has shown me from His Word:
----"America is being turned over to her sins. Yes, God will judge America, and the individual for their sins (if they don't repent)...but understand, God has already judged...it is seen in the widespread acceptance, and legalization of homosexual marriage. THIS is God's wrath revealed from heaven against the sinfulness of man."
4. The real problem with America is not homosexuals, it is the lazy, apathetic state of the "church." Yes, there are true, diligent, awake saints...but they are few. America is not the problem, the problem is that, starting within the four walls of the church, we have become more and more lukewarm, ungrateful, tolerant of sin, entertainment focused, and fake. The result of this will always be that culture will wax worse and worse until the wrath of God is poured out. How can this be seen (has God revealed it)? In that we are turned over to think sin is OK, and even that God is OK with sin.
5. What's really going on in America? God has already judged us, His wrath is currently ON DISPLAY in that homosexual marriage is being legalized, and accepted. We have been given the liberal, satanic politicians we wanted (not all of us, but America as a whole) and most church folks only understand that "God is going to judge us..." No...He HAS judged us (America, not true saints), AND He is ALSO going to judge us.
6. Jesus came to save EVERYONE. This includes homosexuals. Christians are to love people and hate sin. There is only one sin that's unforgivable, and it's the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (Mark 3:29). God can, will, and wants to save everyone, including homosexuals. Remember, many have never even heard the Gospel.
7. We really need to understand the truth to be effective in leading people to Jesus. If satan can convince church goers that homosexuals/liberals are the churches problem, then this creates a larger chasm than is necessary. Let us have chasms because we live and preach the truth IN LOVE. If we make enemies, let it be because we truly represent Jesus, not our strong attitudes against certain sexual immoralities and sins. Let us hate ALL sin, and ask God for His leading as to how and when we ought to speak against individual sins. We must beware of focusing upon just a few sins we particularly hate etc. I am sad to say that, to the lost, it seems that the only sins Christians fight against today are abortion and homosexuality. This indirectly teaches certain people groups that Christians are mad at them and that we are their problem...hence...the likelihood they will be saved is slimmer.
8. I am convinced that the Pharisaical spirit within Christendom, is speeding up persecution unnecessarily. Even worse, when a person with the real love and truth of God comes into the homosexual's life, the homosexual likely already thinks that the Christian condemns them. They are already shut off from listening because of the condemning spirit in the church today (I am NOT saying preaching the truth is condemning; I am speaking of the judgmental spirit often in church). Yes, they are already condemned for their sin, but Jesus came to save, not condemn...and this includes homosexuals (John 3:17).
9. Homosexuality is sin, and if a person does not turn away from it to Jesus, they will go to hell. This is the truth of ALL sin. When a person gets truly saved, they quickly learn that other sinners are in the same predicament as they were, and they have compassion on them...even if the sins others are in are not the same sins they were in.
10. The Church needs to preach Jesus, and against sin as He leads...but we are not called to focus primarily on sin alone, but Jesus. This may sound strange, but it is possible to make an idol out of preaching certain topics. It is possible to focus on a topic more than God. This is idolatry just the same as other forms of idolatry.
11. Here's the summary of what I'm trying to say...God has already judged America, this is why homosexual marriage is being legalized. This is why we have very evil leaders in high positions. This is why immorality is seen as the norm and "cool." Don't make the mistake of thinking God's judgments are only financial...in fact, prosperity can be a judgment. Don't make the mistake of thinking that as long as the economy is good, God hasn't judged yet.
12. God turns people over with a redemptive purpose. He does this so people will experience the filthiness and the consequence of sin in hopes they will "come to their senses" and repent like the prodigal son did while out with the pigs (Luke 15).
13. The truth sets us free, and if we are better equipped with truth we can be better witnesses to the lost which will help them to be set free by Jesus. If we are inadequate in our understanding of God's judgments, we can be inadequate in witnessing for Jesus. Remember what God says through Jeremiah:
Jeremiah 8:7 (NKJV)
7 “Even the stork in the heavens
Knows her appointed times;
And the turtledove, the swift, and the swallow
Observe the time of their coming.
But My people do not know the judgment of the Lord."
Let this NOT be us. This was the purpose of this writing, to help believers to have a better understanding of what is really happening in America with this increase of acceptance of the homosexual, immoral lifestyle. God help me to love EVERYONE like YOU do. Help me to love You above all and be led perfectly by Your precious Spirit.